Loading
.

Learning Community

"The tradition of parent partnership is deeply rooted within our school and is one of which we are very proud."

Kellett School is committed to an educational partnership consisting of students, parents and staff. We believe that in working together, sharing expectations, responsibilities and aspirations, our students' needs are best met and we fulfil our aim of, 'A love of learning and confidence for life!'.

We endeavour to maintain an open door policy and parents are encouraged to contact their child’s class teacher or tutor if there are concerns.

In the Preparatory Section, parents are invited to meet regularly with their child’s class and specialist teachers. In the Senior Section, parents are invited to an annual Student Led Review Meeting. In both the Preparatory and Senior Sections, parents receive a brief Mid Year Review and Annual Report to Parents.

Our policies reflect our growing school and the rapid pace of 21st Century educational development. We have clear expectations relating to standards of student dress, behaviour and attendance that we expect all members of community to actively support.

Our faculty aspire to the highest levels of professionalism and are committed to their students and their own learning. Faculty attend regular meetings and professional training, training that may from time to time occur during school terms. Our Administrative and Housekeeping Teams are equally committed to our students’ education and give generously of their time. In return, we ask that they are respected for the major role they play day to day.

The school endeavours to respond within reasonable time to written complaints. Parents, should they wish, may write directly to the Kellett School Board with comments. These will be raised under Matters Raised by Parents at the next scheduled Board Meeting.

Parents are integral to the success of our community; it is to a group of visionary parents that the school owes its founding and ongoing development. The tradition of parent partnership is deeply rooted within our school and is one of which we are very proud.