Loading
.

Looking to the Future | Fundraising

Kellett School is spread across two campuses. To retain the spirit and community of one school and equity fundraising is managed by the Parents Association executive committee. Fundraising is directed at immediate school needs, not large capital projects. For example, there is one School Ball and one School Fair. Individual campuses are encouraged to build social networks, thus activities such as Quiz Nights can sometimes be campus based.

The School Year Book

The school year book is produced by the school, with a great deal of input from the Parents Committee, via a Parent Volunteer. The year book is split into three separate books, one for each Preparatory School (Kowloon Bay and Pok Fu Lam) and one for the Senior School (Kowloon Bay). 

Kellett Cares

Community action and charitable support operates very differently within the senior sector to that of independent preparatory schools. At senior level it is student led and managed, and usually integrates both the formal and informal curriculum.

Our senior students are required to participate in community service projects as part of their general education; administering Kellett Cares on the preparatory campus would seem a natural development of Kellett Cares. The role modeling offered by elder students to those younger is both beneficial to preparatory students and reinforces preparatory/senior links.

It is reasonable to assume that as the senior school develops they should take responsibility for Kellett Cares. The Parents’ Committee will play a supporting rather than a managing role in this development.

In the future the school will be spread across two campuses of varying size. To retain the spirit and community of one school and equity fundraising will be managed by the PA executive committee. As now, this fundraising will be directed at immediate school needs, not large capital projects. For example there will be one School Ball and one School Fair. Individual campuses will be encouraged to build social networks, thus activities such as Quiz Nights may be campus based.

The Executive’s overview will hopefully avoid the individual campus based activities becoming overly competitive