Loading
.

Curriculum Overview

"Kellett is an exceptional school: the quality of education it provides, is outstanding."

The English National Curriculum begins in Reception (3/4 years old) and runs through to the end of Year 13 (17/18 years old). It is the foundation of the English Education system and is followed in England and in many British International Schools throughout the world. More information about the English National Curriculum can be found at the UK Direct Gov website.

The Kellett Preparatory School Curriculum (3/4 to 10/11 years old – Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2) and Senior School Curriculum (10/11 to 17/18 years old – Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 & Key Stage 5) are based upon the English National Curriculum and are reflective of our international setting. Our curriculum prepares our students for the GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) examinations which are taken in Year 11 (15/16 years old). In year 12 and Year 13 our curriculum prepares students to take GCE (General Certificate of Education) A level examinations. These qualifications are recognised worldwide as excellent Pre-University qualifications.

Further information about the GCSE / IGCSE and A Level examinations can be found on the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation website or the UK Direct Gov website.

Student Choices

• In Year 7 to Year 9 students choose a Language to study. Currently the choice is between French or Mandarin.
  • In Year 8 and Year 9 students choose another Language to study. Currently the choice is from Spanish, Latin, French, German and Mandarin.
  • In Year 10 and Year 11 students have greater choice in the subjects they study. The curriculum leads to between 8 and 11 subjects taken as external GCSE or IGCSE examinations.
  • In Year 12 students will choose 3 or 4 subjects leading to external A Level examinations.

You can download a copy of our curriculum map below.
Senior School Curriculum Map 2015-2016 entry

Senior School Curriculum Map 2016-2017 entry

Senior School Curriculum Map 2017-2018 entry