Loading
.

Bursary Assistance Scheme

Bursary Assistance Scheme Policy and Procedure 2016/2017

Bursary Assistance Scheme Statement of Financial Circumstances

Bursary Assistance Scheme

1. Introduction

At Kellett School we aim to provide a “love of learning and confidence for life” for each of our students, by providing challenge, offering opportunity and giving responsibility.

This is underpinned by our commitment to:

• Achieve academic excellence within a broad curriculum and with valuable extra-curricular experiences;
  • Develop confident, articulate and well-rounded students who have a wide range of transferable skills;
  • Provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment;
  • Build foundations for students to understand their responsibilities as members of the global community.

To achieve these aims Kellett is committed to providing the best possible care and education to its students and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To this end Kellett is committed to broadening access to the school by offering to eligible parents/guardians financial support with payment of school fees. Such support is known as a Bursary and may be awarded in the form of an allowance of up to 100% on school fees payable, depending on the financial, compassionate or other pertinent circumstances of applicants.

This policy has been authorised by the Governors of Kellett School Association Limited. Its status is advisory only. It is addressed to prospective and current parents and students and to all members of the teaching and administrative staff.

2. Bursary Awards

2.1 Aims of Kellett School Bursary Award Policy.

The aims of the Kellett School bursary policy are as follows:

• to ensure compliance with the School’s Service Agreement;
  • to admit children who will benefit from an academic education and who will contribute to and benefit from the ethos and activities of our school community. Kellett School will only admit a child who has met the academic criteria in accordance with the School Admissions Policy;
  • to offer children of parents/guardians eligible for means-tested financial support as a consequence of financial, compassionate or other pertinent circumstances, the opportunity to benefit from a Kellett School education by the provision of bursarial support;
  • to broaden access to children of the highest education caliber to benefit from a Kellett School education;
  • to ensure that all applicant families for bursarial support are considered equitably and consistently;
  • to ensure that no applicant family for bursarial support is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.

2.2 Scale of Awards and Annual Review.

Bursary awards are subject to an evaluation and review by the Principal and Bursar of the parental financial circumstances each year and may be varied upwards or downwards, depending on individual parents/guardians’ circumstances (e.g. their savings, investments, assets and liabilities, as well as their income, size of their family, any other persons dependent upon them and like factors), compassionate or other pertinent considerations. The annual review will also take into account any changes in fee costs.

2.3 Categories of requests for Bursary Award.

Requests for financial support usually fall into two categories:

• New applicants to the school, where a place has been offered but parents/guardians are unable to fund the school fees fully.
  • Existing students where a sudden, unforeseen change in parents/guardians’ circumstances has resulted in significant difficulty in meeting tuition fees with the result that the child is likely to be withdrawn part way through a stage of education.

For more information, applicants can contact Principal’s PA on 3120 0700 or email principalsec@kellettschool.com