Loading
.

Extra Curricular Activities

"Our extra curricular activities range from Ballet and Astro Club to Instrumental Ensemble and swimming."

At Kellett we look to develop students both inside and outside the classroom. Taking part in Extra-Curricular Activities not only allows students to explore an interest but also allows them to make a meaningful contribution to something, maintain a long-term commitment and manage time and priorities. We offer a broad range of activities providing something for all students.

In Prep we run a very extensive Extra-Curricular Programme which offers competitive and non-competitive activities. These range from Ballet and Astro Club for 5 year olds to Instrumental Ensemble and swimming for 11 year olds. 

Our students are offered the choice of a wide selection of extra-curricular activities which reflect the school's passion and success in sport and the creative arts. In addition, participation in the Federation of British International Schools in South East Asia and East Asia’s annual sporting and music events offers our students international competition and collaboration.

The programme is roughly broken into three broad categories. This year includes such diverse activities as: 

Activities Sports Activities Curriculum Other Activities
Art Club Basketball Astrodome
Chinese Painting Cross Country Baking
Choir Football Chess
Irish Dance Golf French
Junior Strings Gymnastics Gardening
Musical Theatre Martial Arts Mandarin Story Club
Musical Theory Netball School Newspaper
Recorder Consort Rugby Science Club
School Musical Sailing  
Sewing Swimming  
Speech and Drama    

Individual Music Lessons

Kellett offers a wide range of peripatetic instrumental lessons. Peripatetic instrumental teachers make an important contribution to the department’s work, supporting both curricular and extra-curricular music at the school. They assist with the preparation of GCSE and A level candidates, help with adapting and teaching instrumental parts to students participating in extra-curricular groups and, in some instances, run such groups themselves.