Loading
.

FOBISIA Games

The FOBISIA Games are an international competition in which students can compete at an U13 and U15 level against six international schools within Asia. The FOBISIA Games provide students with a variety of sporting opportunities at an appropriate level in a safe and competitive environment.

The FOBISIA Games ensure equal opportunity and participation for boys and girls in Swimming, Athletics, Basketball and Football as well as providing a learning experience in sportsmanship and the value of healthy competition. Furthermore participation allows competitors to understand the significance and benefits of training in preparation for competition. Each FOBISIA Games provides excellent opportunities for those selected to represent the school to compete at a high standard, travel overseas with the school, contribute as a team member and make new friends.

At U13 Kellett School will compete throughout 2017 - 2019  within the Red group against British School Kuala Lumpur, British International School Jakarta, British International School Phuket, Dulwich College Shanghai, Shrewsbury Bangkok, Bangkok Patana and British International School Shanghai Puxi. Each school takes it in turn to host the games.

At U15 Kellett School will compete throughout 2017 - 2019  within the Yellow group against Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur, Shrewsbury Bangkok, Bangkok Patana and British International School New Delhi. Each school takes it in turn to host the games.

Kellett School has had high success within the FOBISIA Games and students see it as a real honour to be selected to represent Kellett at the games. Each student will  trial for each of the four sports before a final team selection is made. Trials and training begin in August for the U15 team and January for the U13 team.

Kellett Success

U13 Games results hosted by Harrow Bangkok (March 2017)

Gold: Athletics

Silver: Swimming

U15 Games results hosted by British School Manila (November 2016)

Silver: Girls Basketball

Bronze: Boys Football

U13 Games hosted by Kellett (March 2016)

Gold: Boys Football, Swimming, Athletics

Silver: Girls Basketball, Swimming

U15 Games hosted by Dulwich College Beijing (November 2015)

Gold: Athletics, Girls Football

Silver: Girls Basketball, Swimming

2017/18 Games dates are as follows:

U15: 23rd - 27th November 2017 Website link: http://www.fobisia.org/

U13: 18th - 22nd March 2018 Website link: http://www.fobisia.org/

Samantha Hill

FOBISIA Games Coordinator

shill@kellettschool.com