Loading
.

Learning Support

Kellett is an inclusive school and aspires to meet the needs of all its students. Both the Preparatory and Senior Sections have a limited number of places available for students with Special Educational Needs whose individual requirements can be met in a mainstream setting, through provision of a differentiated curriculum. The number of places is determined by the level of student need within the SEN programme at the time.

It is unusual for Kellett School to admit students whose needs exceed ‘School Action’, as defined by the UK Special Educational Needs Code of Practice, or students whose behavioural needs are such that they could prevent their peers from fully accessing their curriculum entitlement.

Parents who believe their child may require additional support are encouraged to contact the Admissions Officer as early as possible, ahead of the planned admission date. Priority for SEN places is determined by the date of registration and waitlist status. Additional priority is given to siblings.

Parents of students receiving SEN support are required to work closely with the SEN Team. They will fund all additional resources and support, over and above mainstream provision, that Kellett believes their child requires to access the curriculum. This may include, but not be limited to, additional classroom support, the advice and services of outside agencies. For example, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Medical and Educational Psychologist Assessment.